Sunday, February 2, 2014

Survived the snowpocalypse + ROME! (no, not Italy)

Happy Sunday, ya'll!

Are all my Georgia readers (particularly those in the downtown and metro-Atlanta areas) recovering well from the snowpocalypse? It has melted away in most areas, though when I was in Rome, GA this weekend there were still some spots of snow about the area. Speaking of the weather, how about this beautiful weekend we've had? Did you get to break out the shorts and t-shirts? I've enjoyed the weather this weekend, but I hear we are to expect rain this week. Dear Georgia, please make up your mind which season you wish to be!

I went home Friday morning, and braved the long, cold walk on the icy sidewalks to get to the subway station... 

Just having a little fun taking snow pictures...

Foot prints and tire tracks on my driveway


Okay I'm lying-- I definitely took our bus transit to get there rather than slip around with my bags. I settled in at home and snuggled with my sweet dog for awhile. Since my brother was out of school for the day, we decided to take Ruby to the park to run around a bit. While we were down there, I invited Carson to the park to come hang with us since it had been awhile. 

Cute little Ruby.

I just had to take a dog selfie.


Awkward selfie with Carson!

What happened to calling shotgun?


That afternoon, the twins came over for a sleepover. Before my uncle left, we hit up Pallookaville for dinner. I enjoyed a delicious grilled cheese sandwich while my mother, uncle, and Sarah had one of Pallookaville's famous corn dogs. Kason managed to down a milkshake and a philly cheese steak sandwich. Hannah also had a grilled cheese. 


Pallookaville... and Kason

After my uncle left and we settled in, I introduced the twins to the first Harry Potter movie! I wish they were finished with reading the series, but I just couldn't wait. I have no doubt they will read the books in time, but I felt the need to share something with them from my childhood. Needless to say, they fell in love with the series and wanted to see more. The next morning we watched the second film-- the Chamber of Secrets-- and they enjoyed it. The girls demanded we watch the third one, but I told them it would have to wait since I had to leave for Rome in a matter of a couple hours. We might need another cousin sleepover again soon! :)

My friend Anna and I decided to go see my friend Jackson in a show at Rome Little Theatre. They were putting on a play called A Few Good Men. Jackson played Private Louden Downey and did a great job. At the end of the show, we said hello and arranged to have dinner next door at a Thai restaurant. We enjoyed the food and made great conversation. It was cool to catch up with my "clone"! After dinner, Jackson headed back to the theater to prepare for the evening show, and Anna and I went back to the car to head back home. Roadtripping with Anna was fun and we plan to do it again soon. Perhaps not Rome next time, but definitely somewhere else, just to explore. 

On the road!

Historic De Soto Theatre
(Rome Little Theatre)

"A Few Good Men"

Jackson!

I have a busy week ahead of me! I go to my second counseling appointment tomorrow after ASL, and I am looking forward to it. I have a couple tests this week in my least favorite subjects and I am far from thrilled about them, of course. Here's to hopefully mastering the material before Thursday! On Friday, I am to see Panic! at the Disco (for the third time) perform again here in Atlanta! Needless to say, I am very excited, and one of my best friends will be joining me there. On a sadder note, this Saturday I am going to the memorial service of my friend's brother. My heart goes out to one of my childhood friends-- Abby lost her older brother this past Thursday. I know they were close and I remember Matt as a fun, friendly guy. My brother recalls a time when we were very little and we used to play at our local pool on long summer days. May he rest in peace. 

I wish you all a wonderful week and as far as the Super Bowl goes, I hope your favorite team wins. Me, on the other hand, could care less who wins. :-P 



Until next time, 

Kelsey

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous marquis outside the theatre. Love your pictures. Love you.

    ReplyDelete