Tuesday, January 7, 2014

First Post!

Hello! 

Welcome to Getting Back to Me: Kelsey's Self-Improvement Blog, where I, Kelsey, have committed myself to self-improvement for the year 2014. Having this blog will hold me accountable for my commitment, so I won't be just another person who has claimed the resolution "new year, new me." 

What exactly do I hope to get out of running this blog?
I hope that as I blog a few times a month, that I begin to see a change in myself and how I feel. If you take a look at my autobiography, you'll learn I am in a mental struggle with myself. I have not always been the most confident girl, for I have dealt with weight problems since my pre-teen years, and endured a lot of bullying like most people experience at some point in their life. I have also dealt with a lot of loss in my life, meaning I have lost many loved ones over the years-- some being very near and dear to my heart. With all of this together, one can only imagine how I handle (or don't handle) it. I want to inspire others to be strong no matter their struggle, because in one way or another, we're all in the same boat

I also want to get healthy both physically and mentally. I want to overcome these mental battles and find happiness in my life. I want to get back into the shape so that I will be on the road again to a healthier lifestyle and won't be so afraid of going out for the athletic hobbies I once enjoyed. I just want to feel good about who I am.

I also want to become a better person. Some people have said, "but, I like the Kelsey you are now." Don't worry, folks, I don't mean anything too drastic. As I said above, I just want to feel better about myself. I want to inspire others in some way, to become a better individual. We all have room for improvement, and that is exactly what I want to do. I want to become an even better version of myself. 

Please follow my blog and read each post as they come, and don't be afraid to post feedback in the comments! I greatly appreciate the support in advance. 

Yours truly, 

Kelsey

2 comments:

  1. Great blog. Keep on reaching for your dreams and aspirations. You will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, for one, feel pretty good about who you are. Go!

    ReplyDelete